Interested in joining the Oak Harbor Area Chamber of Commerce?
Please fill out the Membership Application below and pay online
Download the Membership Application above and return the application by mail to 161 W. Water Street and pay by check.
Top Reasons to Join the Chamber
- Visibility - Yes, you’ve heard it said time and time again, out of sight means out of mind. This is not a smart strategy for any business, especially when times are good. A market can change quickly.
- Access – When you join a chamber and actively get involved you’ll discover meeting prospects who may have an interest or who can refer you to key contacts you’re trying to reach, is a huge benefit of membership. From being on committees, serving as an ambassador, or attending specific events where prospects are likely to be, you’ll find yourself in situations where you can identify and meet decision makers face-to-face, versus making cold calls.
- Ongoing training and education – Unless you have the luxury of a training budget or can afford to bring in local, regional or nationally known experts on different topics, trends or key areas of expertise, there is no other organization in America that delivers cutting edge, relevant and timely programs at such an affordable level for business and non-profit leaders as your local or regional chamber of commerce. By spreading costs among fellow members through registration fees and sponsorships, members can stay updated, informed and educated at a bargain price.
- Networking – From seminars and luncheons, to business expos and various business and community committees, there’s absolutely no excuse for not being able to meet new contacts, referrals and people who can help you with ideas and additional ways to grow your business. The old adage, out of sight, out of mind, is so true when it relates to networking. The chamber gives you several different venues to meet new people.
- Low cost advertising opportunities – As far as visibility at the local level, a chamber offers a wide range of affordable advertising options and sponsorship packages for just about every business or non-profit, ranging from newly established firms to existing. For the price of a few ads within a major media, you can often sponsor an entire program with the chamber, give a short commercial about your company, meet new prospects and follow up with the list of attendees who may have a need for your offering. This is a wonderful way to hold your marketing dollars accountable and see them working hard right before your eyes. A common area to get low cost or free advertising is submitting updates or news briefs for possible inclusion within the chamber newsletter. Amazingly, a lot of members do not take advantage of this wonderful FREE marketing opportunity provided with their membership. The chamber is always on the lookout for member related news.
- Advocacy – A foolish belief among large companies, especially national retail outlets, is they’re too big or not local enough to care about getting involved or joining their local chamber of commerce. A few things they should think about: Are their employees and customers local? Are taxes and school systems important to finding and retaining a high quality work force? These are key areas the chamber researches, lobbies and routinely discusses with local and regional government units, politicians and the media to keep people up to date on central issues of importance pertaining to their membership and the community.
- Money saving discounts – If you fully leverage the cost of savings discounts ranging from health insurance, office supplies, to workers compensation discount plans your business currently uses or will need, it’s not uncommon for a small business to easily find enough savings in the first 30-60 days upon joining with endorsed providers or member to member discounts, to recoup most, if not all of their membership dues.